Monday, August 18, 2008

School Shopping...

Today I took both kids with me to school so I could get some things in order... they did great! Jacob loved helping me. He helped put my posters up by putting the sticky tack on the back... he loved that job! The kids also got to play with Ryan & Olivia (my teaching partner's children). At one point we decided to take a break and go to the playground... the kids loved that! Grace was the first one climbing up the steps to go down the slide which made Jacob feel like it was OK. After naps my Mom & I were planning on heading over to the mall... I had some things to get and I wanted Jacob to pick out a backpack for school. I am not a huge fan of character type things... especially with clothing and backpacks. SO... we decided to let him pick at either Gymboree or Children's Place. After seeing his options at Children's Place he picked out the camo one immediately... which I thought was pretty cute as well. We got him the mini one, since he really is only 2 still!! He tried it on and was so excited! It almost made me cry to think he is going to school this year! My baby is growing up WAY too fast! We also ran to Stride Right to double check shoe sizes... and boy these kids have big feet! They suggested a 10 wide for Jacob and a 6 for Gracie. I currently have her in a 5 (for sandals) and 6 for tennis shoes so I was dead on for her! Jacob I also had right... I am now on the hunt for wide shoes for him for school, but I may just have to head back there since I know they have a "wide"er (lol) selection! I also got Grace's halloween costume, but I'm not telling what it is!! (I may change my mind but it was cute so I decided to get it and if I find something I like better we can return it!)

Jacob with his backpack... & In his JAMMIES!

1 comment:

Erin said...

how fun!! I want to see pics of the new backpack! I have to buy "wide" shoes for Braeden, too. It is a pain to only be able to buy from Stride Rite (and expensive, too)!!