Sunday, August 17, 2008

Some Things I've Learned...

The other day I was at the craft show in Caseville with both kids & my Mom.  Jacob & Grace were staked out in their stroller and doing what they do best... EATING.  A older woman came up to me and commented on how good the kids were.  I thanked her... she went on to say how "smart" I was for keeping them busy (with food :)), she was amazed that more mom's don't do that type of thing... which surprises me too.  I never leave home without food and milk for a small army.  :) That got me thinking... so I started to think about some things my kids have taught me! Here's my top 1o in no real order (it was too hard to order them!)...

10.  Even on the worst of day... a smile or hug from YOUR child can brighten your whole day. 
9. 1 is easy... what was I thinking when I thought just having Jacob was HARD! UGH... two is a bit more challenging and that's all I can say since I have no experience with more than 2.  They tag-team and usually when one is quiet the other is misbehaving.  They both copy the bad behaviors from one another... yet they also copy the good.
8. Trips require a full car load no matter if your going for the night or for the week one child or both.  Either way they require the same amount of "stuff".  
7. You really learn how much your parents loved and cared for you.  Thus... making you want to love and care for  your parents even more! On this same line you also realize that how important it is to treat them fairly.. no favorites.  Each child should feel as loved and as cared for as the next.
6.  Public restrooms really are disgusting.... especially when you have little hands that don't realize they shouldn't be touching everything! 
5. Pack FOOD anywhere and everywhere you go... you can never have enough and kids always get hungry when they are "out and about".
4.  Take your camera everywhere you go... it never fails that my kids do something cute when I've left the camera in the car or at home! 
3.  Earrings are a must for little girls.... that bows and bracelets.  Do it as soon as possible so they learn to keep them in/on! :)
2.  It's harder to be a good parent and teach your child the "right" way than it is to be a bad parent and let your child "have" their way and get whatever they want... right mom?
1. You can hurt me... but please don't hurt my child or their feelings.  When someone hurts my child's feelings it seems to be really hard to forgive them.  Labor is nothing compared to the heartache you feel when your child is sad or upset. 

Just my perspective on parenthood...

No comments: