Friday, January 2, 2009

Packing Away CHRISTMAS...

Tonight after the kids went to sleep (Greg was gaming with the boys) I decided to pack away most of my Christmas items.  I'm a bit nervous come morning when Jacob realizes what I did, although the tree is still up with some ornaments.  He has been begging me to leave our stuff up... I think he thinks that Santa might come back if we leave it up! Then tonight he asked if we were going to take it down... so I thought I'd get a jump start on it packing away the more breakable things.  I'm afraid he might not be so happy with it when he wakes up! 

As I packed away our ornaments I... once again... started to feel really sad for Grace.  Everytime I get those darn ornaments out or put them away it makes me a little sad.  Jacob has OODLES of ornaments.  Grace has a total of 5.  From the first Christmas alone Jacob has 7!!! I'm not sure why it makes me feel so badly, as a matter of fact 4/5 of Grace's ornaments are from me! Where as Jacob has about 7 from me (and he has been around a bit longer).  Anyway as I did this I decided that one of my new years resolutions for this year is to be sure number 3 doesn't have this same problem! The sad part is Grace can never have made up from her first year! 

Ok... this emotional wreck is going back to cleaning and packing. 

No comments: